General
     need help with customizing forms

Author Printer friendly pageneed help with customizing forms
misje

Send private message to misje

Posted: 2003-12-08 07:00

Does anyone volunteer?
I need help with customizing a couple of forms on my site. I just want to add a few textfields on the forms in forum and egallery.

I can't offer a big paycheck, but if we ever meet i'll buy you a beer...

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
klehman

Send private message to klehman Visit website from klehman
YIM

Posted: 2003-12-08 14:26

I have similar needs to change the forms in opn... I have considered trying to add fields, but I am afraid I will ruin the whole site trying...(not confident php coder)

Maybe this can be a feature request for the developers? The ability to add fields and or delete and change if it is required field or not.

I need this especially in the registration form to collect specific data on users.

In the meantime, can anyone offer up quik example of how we may make these changes without disrupting the whole system.

Thanks in advance!!

K.L.E.H.M.A.N.: Kinetic Lifelike Entity Hardwired for Mathematics and Accurate Nullification

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't; either way, you're right!

[manne]

Send private message to [manne]

Posted: 2003-12-08 20:42

Sorry, Im no php coder so I canīt help. But what Iīm thinking about:

Changing modules can be dangerous, because if there are updates these hacks are not implemented and will have to be done by the administrator himself. This may be lot of work and needs a lot of know how. so if you canīt do the modifications yourself you always need some help.

In case of registration form may be a workaround: Since all text is embedded in the language file, why not use an "not used" textfield for own purposes and change the label or caption. But there are also problems of updating and how other modules use the information.

Best solution would be to open a wishticket and open a thread in forum "improve OPN" and describe the requirements as good as possible to give the developers a base to think about it and to estimate the work to implement.

Only some thaughts

manne

anonymous
Unregistered User

Posted: 2003-12-08 21:42

Quote:
2003-12-08 20:42
manne wrote:
Sorry, Im no php coder so I canīt help. But what Iīm thinking about:

Changing modules can be dangerous, because if there are updates these hacks are not implemented and will have to be done by the administrator himself. This may be lot of work and needs a lot of know how. so if you canīt do the modifications yourself you always need some help.

In case of registration form may be a workaround: Since all text is embedded in the language file, why not use an "not used" textfield for own purposes and change the label or caption. But there are also problems of updating and how other modules use the information.

Best solution would be to open a wishticket and open a thread in forum "improve OPN" and describe the requirements as good as possible to give the developers a base to think about it and to estimate the work to implement.

Only some thaughts

manne

Maby one idea is to add one general textfield and use that as a general perpose setting like opn_configs does. Then just two function can be added to store and retreive these specific values and/or arrays from the DB.?

example: $myvar=getSetting('tablename', 'settingname');

maby table name can be changed in 'modulename' but I leave that to the developers.

sort by

Previous thread:  couple of questions before I dive in
Next Thread:  OPN Support Chat

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.48350 seconds to load